Planning my Winter trip

Saturday, October 15, 2011

I've decided to travel to Ireland this Winter!

We have just under a month in between Fall and Spring semester, and I'm in the beginning processes of planning a 26 day expedition through the ever majestic Ireland. For me, it's a slow process. I'd like to have a combination of backcountry hiking and exposure to the local culture. I don't really have anything definite right now, so I can't give much detail besides the dates(12/11/11-1/6/12). I'll provide a full trip itinerary when it is developed.

Just a few websites that I have found useful in the planning process already are Lonely Planet and Fodors. They provide excellent information of weather, locale, culture, and spots to visit for the people who want to hike their way through as well as those who wish to take more of a touristy trip. Both are backed by a great community that is responsive to questions. If you're looking into a trip, no matter the kind, check those websites out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment