Day 1- Delays

Monday, December 12, 2011

Rain. A backpackers worst enemy. Today was the big day. I was going to be at the trailhead and had all the gear set and ready to roll, but now, rain.

I went out this morning with Skyler, the son of the family I'm staying with, to get food and ship my care packages, and it was raining the whole time. Not bad rain, but enough to get you drenched if you're outside for more than 10 minutes. It's tapered off, but it fades in for brief showers every so often.

On top of it raining, I was waiting for a package with my power bars and crampons that I'd just bought. Also, tomorrow, I'll be able to catch a ride to the trailhead rather than pay for a very expensive shuttle service. Overall, better decision to wait. I did buy a bit too much food though. Munchies time.

It's very pretty out here though. Arizona has some very striking terrain, which I'm sure I'll be talking about in my trip report to come. Stay tuned!

0 comments:

Post a Comment