Catch up

Monday, December 12, 2011

Been a while since I've posted anything on my winter trip. To update you, I am now going on a 24-hike on the Arizona trail. I met with two Irish foreign exchange representatives at my school and they encouraged me to come to Ireland in the summer rather than winter.

So, I was shopping around for other overseas options and I kept over exceeding my budget on airfare. I began to look at domestic options and thought about the PCT's John Muir trail. Since I didn't know much about the JMT I posted in an online forum asking about winter conditions. It was quickly obvious that I was not prepared for the JMT and needed milder weather options. In the same conversation concerning the JMT I was recommended by a Arizona native to look at the new 800-mile thru hike trail in Arizona. A little conversation and I was set on the AZT. Many hours of planning and research went into making the trip possible and you can read all about it in the forum. Here's a link. http://www.backpacking.net/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=156990&page=1

0 comments:

Post a Comment